I could never really decipher the meaning of this message whenever I saw it on my Orkut scrapbook or FB inbox. Was it an indecent proposal hidden under the wraps of ‘franship’ or just a simple request by someone who lost his way through English?
No offense to anyone but I seriously wonder whether these messages get any response. Like this one “Preety smile, wanna be friends?”. I mean c’mon dude, you wannna be friends because of smile? or just cos I have ‘preety’ smile I am obligated to be your friend?
I also don’t understand the meaning of those love/friendship messages that look like a flower or a heart or worse…a guitar…yuck! And trust me I’ve got it from people I hardly know or haven’t spoken to in years. Is writing a simple ‘hey, how r u doin’ that hard?
I have also observed few traits of people who are habitual of sending such messages. Here they are;
1. These guys never have their real picture on their profile. They have mostly pictures of bikes, flowers, Salman Khan, John Abraham or that weird tattooed guy from that serial ‘Dil Mil Gaye’. Girls mostly opt for teddy bears, chocolates and Katrina Kaif.
2. Their ‘about me’ section has lots of words but still you can’t make out who or what they really are like ‘I am a very emotional guy who’s looking for nice frenship…blah..blah…blah’ or like this one…:D
3. Some also like to throw a bit of attitude once you visit their profile eg.
‘About Me – and why exactly should I tell you?’…..(bitch)
4. And some are just plain dumb eg.
‘About Me – You tell me no’ 😐
5. Some are just too busy or lazy to write anything so they choose to showcase all possible emoticons there are… 🙂 😛 😀 😉 😦 8) 😐
To all such people; Guys, its not that hard to be yourself and real…just try.
If I have hurt any feelings through this blog…well, I am not sorry for that. 😛
And for the last time, NO…I don’t wanna make franship.